Tuesday, October 12, 2010

numbers

who is into numerology? Signs? Symbols? And dreams out there? 

I am. 
If you have read the alchemist, it surely has changed your life. 
I think I read that book when I was about 16 years old, as a geeky girl in high school with not a clue in the world about where life would lead me. I used to feel self conscious even saying hello to people and wanted to crawl into the ground even getting on the school bus by myself! hahaha, what a geek. 

Now I look at the past ten years of my life. I have lived by myself in 3 major cities in the world outside of new zealand. I have traveled the world and I have stayed true to my dream simply by following the signs that show themselves to me. And I have let myself be taken on the journey that has presented itself to me. 
Somehow I have ended up back in New York for the second time. 

This week marks the beginning of a new chapter. The lead up to the end of the week dated 10.10.10 was one of where everything came to a head for me professionally. And all the while it was stressful, I kinda knew why it was happening. 
I used to look at work stress and when things fell apart as grounds for sadness, but now I look at it as fates way of making space for something else. 
And that is what has happened....

Today I have had to make a HUGE decision as to the next step that I shall take. Two opportunities. Both fantastic although one more amazing, but at the compromise of my happiness and a wee bit of sanity, which lets face it- there isnt much left of that with me anyhow. 

Come to the conclusion that I had to remember WHY I came back to new york. As a girl who shoots for the dreamiest of dreams, I have decided to push myself as hard as I can go and experience how steep the mountain really gets right before you reach the top. 

Sacrifice everything for the dream, for art and for the stars. 

annie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment